Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > CGI and browser cahce

CGI and browser cahce

Sascha Möllering

Hi,

I've a problem: I don't want the browser to cache websites, because I
wrote a shop with authentification and after having logged out, it is
possible to see the old sites using the back button of the browser. I
tried the following (my header.cgi-file), but it does not work:

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print <<EOF;
<head>
<META http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache">
<META http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache">
<META http-equiv="Expires" content="-1">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/main.css">
</head>
EOF

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Sascha

Gregory Toomey

"Sascha Möllering" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bgqpkv$mkv$04$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi,
>
> I've a problem: I don't want the browser to cache websites, because I
> wrote a shop with authentification and after having logged out, it is
> possible to see the old sites using the back button of the browser. I
> tried the following (my header.cgi-file), but it does not work:

Your Perl question is answered in
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/nocache.html

gtoomey

Alan J. Flavell

On Wed, Aug 6, Gregory Toomey inscribed on the eternal scroll:

> > wrote a shop with authentification and after having logged out, it is
> > possible to see the old sites using the back button of the browser. I
> > tried the following (my header.cgi-file), but it does not work:

> Your Perl question

I didn't see a Perl question - did you, or was that sarcasm?

> is answered in
> http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/nocache.html

I'm not sure whether you're deliberately punishing the questioner by
citing a sub-quality answer to the off-topic question, but as soon as
I saw the page recommending to write syntactically invalid HTML in
order to compensate for bug(s) in a certain browser-like operating
system component, I left.

Alan J. Flavell

On Wed, Aug 6, Sascha Möllering inscribed on the eternal scroll:

> I've a problem:

You have several! I think I'm going to start reading
de.comp.lang.perl.cgi _before_ considering to answer any question seen
here. Has it suddenly become infectious to post the same question
(modulo the language) separately to both, without mentioning the fact?
I am by no means the only person around here who reads German! At
least it was vaguely on-topic there, which it really isn't here.

good luck.

Jürgen Exner

Sascha Möllering wrote:
> I've a problem: I don't want the browser to cache websites, because I
> wrote a shop with authentification and after having logged out, it is
> possible to see the old sites using the back button of the browser. I
> tried the following (my header.cgi-file), but it does not work:
>
> print "[print text snipped]";
> print <<EOF;

[print text snipped]
> EOF

On a first glimpse your Perl code looks fine (well, it's hardly possible to
mess up two simple print statements anyway). You need to provide more
details:
- What do you expect Perl to print
- What does Perl actually print on your computer
Without this information we cannot know why the Perl code does not do what
you expect it to do.

jue

A. Sinan Unur

Sascha Möllering <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:bgqpkv$mkv$04$(E-Mail Removed)-
online.com:

> Hi,
>
> I've a problem:

Your main problem is asking a question that has nothing to do with Perl. You
should try comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi.

By the way, there is also something called google, in case you have never
heard of it. http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/#CONTROL might be helpful.

--
A. Sinan Unur
Remove dashes for address

I need some help with browser output in ruby cgi - cgi.rb Professor Chen Ruby 0 02-06-2006 07:08 AM
How NOT to cahce downloads Michael Tissington ASP .Net 2 12-06-2005 04:37 PM
cgi and cgi-bin zippy Perl Misc 5 02-02-2005 01:46 AM
DNS cahce or something else? =?Utf-8?B?TWFyay1XaXJlbGVzcw==?= Wireless Networking 0 11-20-2004 03:37 PM
Calling cgi from cgi thru 'system' function. Different behaviour on browser v/s cmd line Shailan Perl 2 12-15-2003 04:26 PM

Advertisments