Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Performance and nitty gritty things like this.member v member

Performance and nitty gritty things like this.member v member

foldface@yahoo.co.uk

Hi
Is there any difference between using this.member and member performancewise.
I'm sure I could find out if I could read the decompiled stuff but I
can't yet.
In general is there any info out there on what you might call the hidden
performance hits, equivilent to "Inside the C++ Object Model" for c#/asp.net

Ta

Martin Dechev

Hi,

There is absolutely no difference in the generated IL code. For this
particular case the only difference it makes is regarding the readability of
your code. So, it's up to you - I mean, how you like your code more: with or
without "this.".

Greetings
Martin
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi
> Is there any difference between using this.member and member

performancewise.
> I'm sure I could find out if I could read the decompiled stuff but I
> can't yet.
> In general is there any info out there on what you might call the hidden
> performance hits, equivilent to "Inside the C++ Object Model" for

c#/asp.net

> Ta

High Performance solutions are needed to do things like urlretrieve David Python 2 07-14-2010 06:10 PM
Looking for a nitty-gritty Python Ajax middleware script to fire offa number of processors Shao Python 2 11-17-2008 03:58 PM
GETTIN' GRITTY WITH THE 20D ! Annika1980 Digital Photography 1 01-25-2007 03:47 PM
"downto" the nitty-gritty zetetic Ruby 3 10-08-2005 11:51 PM
mouse feels gritty Lizzie Computer Support 16 07-01-2005 05:37 PM

Advertisments