Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Wide character

Wide character

Cliff Stanford

thread failed to start: Wide character in subroutine entry...

What on earth does this error mean? I can't find any reference.

Cliff.

Thomas M. Widmann

Cliff Stanford <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> thread failed to start: Wide character in subroutine entry...
>
> What on earth does this error mean? I can't find any reference.

I don't know that specific error message, but wide characters are
5.8-ese for Unicode characters > 0xff. For instance, if you try to
print such a character, you get the error message "Wide character in
print" (unless you specified it's OK to output UTF-. See
perluniintro.

/Thomas
--
Thomas Widmann Bye-bye to BibTeX: join the Bibulus project now!
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <http://www.nongnu.org/bibulus/>