Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > JS working with IE 6.X but not with Firefox 1.0

JS working with IE 6.X but not with Firefox 1.0

Peregrine Maitland

I have scrolling news that is based on JavaScript on the site I
maintain. The script works in Internet Explorer 6.x, but not Firefox 1.0.
It's not clear to me why the script doesn't work with Firefox. I'd
appreciate it
if someone could help me modify the script so that it would also work with
Firefox.

The scrolling news can be seen on the page at:

http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/WielkieOczy/

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Peregrine Maitland
To reply delete the numeric characters
from the return address given.

Martin Honnen

Peregrine Maitland wrote:

> I have scrolling news that is based on JavaScript on the site I
> maintain. The script works in Internet Explorer 6.x, but not Firefox 1.0.
> It's not clear to me why the script doesn't work with Firefox.

> http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/WielkieOczy/

The script is written for the IE object model and for the Netscape 4
object model, Firefox doesn't support those two so you need to look for
a script written for modern browsers supporting the W3C DOM.
Or perhaps you do not need to rely on script as most browsers (IE,
Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape 7, Opera 7, I think Safari 1.2 too) support
the <marquee> element by now so as you probably don't know to script
yourself you could consider using marquee for your scoller.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/