Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > access to the path denied

access to the path denied

Brian Bischof

I'm using GoToMyPC to transfer files between the development computer and
the web server. After transferring pages to the web server I get the error
"Access to the path <> denied". Then I go into Windows Explorer, right
click, select Security and fix it. So far so good. BUT now when I transfer
files from the web server to my computer I get the Access Denied error again
and I right-click on the files to change security. But there is no security
tab. I don't know how to set security if I can't right-click on the file and
select the tab.

Is there a way to get the Security tab back? Is there another way to change
security that someone can tell me about?

I'm using WinXP Pro, .NET 2003.

Thanks.

Brian Bischof

Found it! The security tab is toggled on/off by going into Windows Explorer
and selecting Tools | Folder Options | View. At the very bottom their is a
checkbox for Simple File Sharing. Uncheck it to have the Security tab appear
in the File's Property dialog box.

HTH,
Brian Bischof
www.CrystalReportsBook.com