Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > TBODY scrollable

TBODY scrollable

Adi

Hi,
I made a TBODY scrollable but I have a problem,
If there is a "Select" boxes in the table it puts the select boxes on
top of the Table head when scrolling.
Any idea if that can be fixed?
Thanks

RobG

Adi wrote:
> Hi,
> I made a TBODY scrollable but I have a problem,
> If there is a "Select" boxes in the table it puts the select boxes on
> top of the Table head when scrolling.
> Any idea if that can be fixed?
> Thanks

Try putting them in a tfoot.

--
Rob

Ivo

"Adi" asks
> I made a TBODY scrollable but I have a problem,
> If there is a "Select" boxes in the table it puts the select boxes on
> top of the Table head when scrolling.
> Any idea if that can be fixed?
> Thanks

It 's the old problem of elements which are not built by the browser but
borrowed from the OS, they don't listen to z-indeces or other style
properties. You may notice the same with most form controls in some
browsers. Iframes suffered from the same thing until IE5.5 iirc. One
workaround is to note the position of each select element in the tbody so
you can calculate when one is about to overlap the thead and it is time to
remove it. Another, equally cumbersome solution, is to place your content in
an iframe...
HTH
--
Ivo

thead & tbody width rukkie HTML 1 12-08-2006 11:59 AM
<TBODY>, IE, and page-break matt@mailinator.com HTML 16 09-20-2006 11:58 PM
<tbody> etc JohnW HTML 5 08-26-2005 03:48 AM
<TBODY> JohnWMpls HTML 14 08-03-2005 06:48 AM
"tbody" tag Terry HTML 28 07-31-2005 07:23 PM

Advertisments