Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Link not working in Netscape...

Link not working in Netscape...

sihnstarr

I have a pop-up window that contains a chart with a list of links.
When the link is clicked, it is supposed to close the pop-up window and
navigate to the page selected from the pop-up in the parent window.
This works in IE but not in Netscape 7, 4 or Firefox.

Here is a sample of the link code:

onMouseUp="javascript:self.close();">The Link</a>

I did read that Netscape and Mozilla based browsers have a problem with
using onMouseUp on anything but form field objects. Is there a
workaround for this?

Lee

sihnstarr said:

>I have a pop-up window that contains a chart with a list of links.
>When the link is clicked, it is supposed to close the pop-up window and
>navigate to the page selected from the pop-up in the parent window.
>This works in IE but not in Netscape 7, 4 or Firefox.
>
>Here is a sample of the link code:

>onMouseUp="javascript:self.close();">The Link</a>
>
>I did read that Netscape and Mozilla based browsers have a problem with
>using onMouseUp on anything but form field objects. Is there a
>workaround for this?

The link is activated by the mouse click, which is the mouse button going down
and then back up again. You're telling the window to close as soon as that
button comes up. The fact that it works in IE is a fluke of their
implementation.

onclick="setTimeout('self.close()',100);return true"

might work.