Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Session (Temporary) Cookies - where are they stored under IE(6)?

Session (Temporary) Cookies - where are they stored under IE(6)?

kublai khan

I set temporary cookies that I can easily view with Mozilla. With IE
(6), however, I cannot find them in the Temporary Internet Files folder
with the page still open. It looks like the cookies are set all right
because if I configure the browser to prompt before accepting cookies,
I can see the values change as expected. Where are these stored?
TIA.

KK

Ivo

"kublai khan" wrote
> I set temporary cookies that I can easily view with Mozilla. With IE
> (6), however, I cannot find them in the Temporary Internet Files folder
> with the page still open. It looks like the cookies are set all right
> because if I configure the browser to prompt before accepting cookies,
> I can see the values change as expected. Where are these stored?
> TIA.

You shouldn't trust what you may or may not see in system folders.
Type in the addressbar of the window containing the page:
javascript:alert(document.cookie);

then hit 'enter' to see the current cookie displayed in an alert.

Or make it a fancy bookmarklet:
javascript:if(document.cookie){alert(document.cook ie.replace(/; /g,
'\n\n'));}else{alert('no cookie for this site.');}

--
Timur Lenk