Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > need to make sure bold is alwyas on in wysiwyg editor

need to make sure bold is alwyas on in wysiwyg editor

Nancy Drew

hi all

i need to make sure that a user's text is always bolded inside a rich text
area. i've tried setting a onKeyUp event and run this command:

editdoc.execCommand('Bold',false,null);

this command always toggles the bold setting either on or off. is there a
way to check to see which option is currently selected and only toggle the
mode on if it's currently off. otherwise, is there a way to issue this
command so that bold is always set to be turned on?

tks

I need a very easy to use WYSIWYG editor, not a full-featured editor. I. Myself HTML 39 05-31-2006 03:20 PM
Need non-programmer's WYSIWYG editor for Java Server Pages Tor DeForest Java 3 03-06-2004 11:15 AM
Amaya - your opinion please, I need simple WYSIWYG HTML editor Amir HTML 10 12-11-2003 07:59 PM
need true WYSIWYG editor Steve HTML 24 10-06-2003 11:08 AM
XML Editor WYSIWYG Word processor-like validating XML Editor ?! Hatem KNANI XML 2 08-04-2003 03:22 PM

Advertisments