Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > XMP

Manley

Any ideas how I can read the xmp meta data from a jpg's header on a windows server?

Grant Wagner

Manley wrote:

> Any ideas how I can read the xmp meta data from a jpg's header on a windows server?

Would this work: <url:
http://www.handyarchive.com/Developm...o-ActiveX.html />

--
Grant Wagner <(E-Mail Removed)>

Jim Ley

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:24:03 GMT, Grant Wagner
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Manley wrote:
>
>> Any ideas how I can read the xmp meta data from a jpg's header on a windows server?

>Would this work: <url:
>http://www.handyarchive.com/Developm...o-ActiveX.html />

I don't think so...

but I've successfully compiled the Adobe sample C++ application under
VC++ so I'm sure it'd be trivial to do it as an activeX or other.

It's also pretty f'ing trivial, find the comment, then it's text you
can parse with any old RDF parser IIRC, anyway it should be trivial,
but not obviously relevant to javascript.

I am lobbying the adobe guys to get the ability to get the metadata
though from javascript in SVG docs.

Jim.

Adobe XMP in Java Davide Java 0 05-23-2006 06:19 PM
xmp in asp or in asp.net AspProgrammer XML 1 05-10-2005 12:04 PM
XMP content and POST ? WJ ASP .Net 3 03-05-2005 11:05 AM
XMP in Python Ivan Herman Python 0 05-28-2004 06:44 AM
Wrapping text between <xmp> Arnoud Oortwijk HTML 1 10-23-2003 01:14 PM

Advertisments