Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > iframe resizing on opera problem

iframe resizing on opera problem

Paul Fi

Can someone help me here because this is really killing me!

the problem is, i have this javascript code in my aspx page that i want
it to work on almost all browsers, especially opera and safari :

function resize(){
displayFrm = document.getElementById("ifrmDisplay");

innerDoc = (displayFrame.contentDocument) ?displayFrm.contentDocument :
displayFrm.contentWindow.document;

objToResize = (displayFrm.style) ? displayFrm.style : displayFrm;

objToResize.height = innerDoc.body.scrollHeight;
}

the code above gets called every time a new page is loaded inside the
iframe (ifrmDisplay) what its doing is resizing the iframe so it can
have the same size as the page inside it, so i can eliminate the need
for vertical scroller for the iframe, i assumed that it works on opera
and IE at the same time, when i tried it out, it worked on IE but not on
opera. after lot of time in researching how i can get workaround this
issue with opera, that is the best possible solution i have and yet it
doesnt work. so i gave up and asking you if you can help me out here ,
coz this is jst driving me crazy!

the problem is im not a javascript expert, to be honest i jst started
doing javascripts about two days ago, that is why im in need for help

by the way, here is inner html for the iframe if its any use

<iframe id="ifrmDisplay" style="Z-INDEX: 99; LEFT: 187px; WIDTH: 567px;
POSITION: absolute; TOP: 136px; HEIGHT: 408px" src="" scrolling="no"
onload="resize();">
</iframe>

Julian Turner

Hello

I have tried to give you some pointers in response to one of your previous posts.

Hope these give you something to work on.

Julian

Paul Fi

cheers mate!

yes well, it didnt help much but it gave me some ideas, might help in
the future!

thanks anyways