Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to close a parent modal window when child modal window opens?

How to close a parent modal window when child modal window opens?

gopal srinivasan

I need to know how to close a parent modal window when child modal
window opens, also i need to know the syntax for writing document on
the modal window on the fly, like what we do in case of normal window.

Actually, I tried to close the parent window from the child modal
window using
parent.close syntax in onload event in child modal window. It actually
closes the parent modal window, but the child modal window is not
opened, why it is so ?

please give me suggestion to do the same at the earliest

Thanks & Regards
Gopal