Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > window.open in same frame?

window.open in same frame?

rlo

I have a test in a frame called FrameTest.htm. For the results there is a
Javescriptfunction. When a button is clicked the function must work in the
same frame. Now I use:
var correctWin = window.open('','','top=0,left=0,scrollbars=yes');
but a new window is openend, but I want to use the same frame.
How can I change my script.
Ronald.

Randy Webb

rlo wrote:

> I have a test in a frame called FrameTest.htm. For the results there is a
> Javescriptfunction. When a button is clicked the function must work in the
> same frame. Now I use:
> var correctWin = window.open('','','top=0,left=0,scrollbars=yes');
> but a new window is openend, but I want to use the same frame.
> How can I change my script.

Set the location property of the frame you want to change instead of
trying to use window.open

search the archives for "changing source of a frame"

--
Randy