Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Calling ActiveX dll

Calling ActiveX dll

Hilla

Hi,
Im supposed to write an activeX dll that will be called by javascript
(with the OBJECT TAG) and was wondering if its supposed to have any
special features or its a regular activeX dll.
Also I would like to know if it matters if its written in C++ or VB,
and if someone has sample C++ code that does this i will be grateful
to see!
Thanks,
Hilla

kaeli

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
enlightened us with...
> Hi,
> Im supposed to write an activeX dll that will be called by javascript
> (with the OBJECT TAG) and was wondering if its supposed to have any
> special features or its a regular activeX dll.
> Also I would like to know if it matters if its written in C++ or VB,
> and if someone has sample C++ code that does this i will be grateful
> to see!
> Thanks,
> Hilla

Since ActiveX works only in MSIE, your best bet is to check the microsoft
groups. And no, it wouldn't matter what language it was written in. Most
common these days, I believe, is C#/.NET.

Here's some links from Google groups:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ja...r=&sa=N&tab=wg

~kaeli~
Murphy's Law #2000: If enough data is collected, anything
may be proven by statistical methods.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace