Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > rationales of not having client-side javascript to check if file path exists

rationales of not having client-side javascript to check if file path exists

Matt

There are no client-side javascript to check if the file path exists
because the security reason. Correct?

Because we don't want code to access our local machine from remote
machine, that's where the page run from.

Please advise. Thanks!!

Randy Webb

Matt wrote:
> There are no client-side javascript to check if the file path exists
> because the security reason. Correct?

Correct.

> Because we don't want code to access our local machine from remote
> machine, that's where the page run from.

Correct.

> Please advise. Thanks!!

Correct.

Welcome.