Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Event Handling

Event Handling

AnonymousOne

Greetings,

I am trying to prevent certain keystrokes from occuring within a text
field. I am able to capture these events, but I don't seem to be able to
prevent the underlying action from proceeding. Making the function
return "false" works fine under IE, but it does not work on Mozilla,
despite some coding examples I've seen on the Netscape site.

I had hoped that there might be a predefined function within the
JavaScript engine which would do this, but I have yet to find one.