Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > download manager default directory

download manager default directory

Alexander Federlin

Hi!

When I want to open a file attached to a mail, Mozilla 1.4.2
(Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4.2) Gecko/20040220)
opens the download manager and saves the file to my home directory.
This is not very convenient, since this way my home directory is
cluttered with documents which I only wanted to look at once and not
neccessarily keep them.
How can I set the default directory to some other (e.g. temp)
directory? (BTW: the suggested directory when I click "save as" is
quite another one...)

Am I missing something or was this fixed in a later version? I already
looked through all the preferences (menus and
prefs.js/about:config)...

Cheers,
Alex