Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > [2.0] Error spinning up aspnet_wp

[2.0] Error spinning up aspnet_wp

news.microsoft.com

Hello all,

I just installed the VS2005 Beta 1 and am having quite a time getting the
ASP.NET 2.0 quickstarts to come up. I get the following error message pair
in my application event log. Both messages have a source of ASP.NET
2.0.40607.0.

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80004005. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account.
aspnet_wp.exe could not be launched because the username and/or password
supplied in the processModel section of the config file are invalid.

I have tried changing the userName element of the <processModel> node in
the machine.config to "machine," "ASPNET," and "SYSTEM" both manually and
through the ASP.NET tab in the IIS MMC snap-in. I have ASP.NET 1.1 SP1
running side by side with 2.0, and have been able to change the runtime
version for a few of my virtual directories using aspnet_regiis as well as
the ASP.NET tab from the IIS MMC snap-in. I have checked the permissions
for the ASPNET account as referenced by the MS KnowledgeBase.

Thanks,
Matthew Belk

Hi,

I experienced the same problem and try to solve with the same solution too (<processModel>), but nothing seemed to work. Using aspnet_regiis.exe -i also didn't work at all.

After I found no solution, I simply repaired the .NET framework and finally works. Hope helps.

Regards,

mahara

NOTE:
In my case, I don't install .NET framework 1.1

User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)