Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Refresh main or top most window from popup

Reply
Thread Tools

Refresh main or top most window from popup

 
 
MEM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2004
Hello,

I'd like to refresh the main or top most browser window from a child
window. Specifically, child popup A is opened by a main browser window
then child popup B is opened from within child popup A.

How do i refer to the very first parent window?

Visual...

Main Parent Window --
| |
Child Popup A |- Refresh Main Parent Window from Child Popup B
| |
Child Popup B ---

Thanks in advanced.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
MEM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-27-2004
No answers or suggestions? I guess it cannot be done then?!

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (MEM) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to refresh the main or top most browser window from a child
> window. Specifically, child popup A is opened by a main browser window
> then child popup B is opened from within child popup A.
>
> How do i refer to the very first parent window?
>
> Visual...
>
> Main Parent Window --
> | |
> Child Popup A |- Refresh Main Parent Window from Child Popup B
> | |
> Child Popup B ---
>
> Thanks in advanced.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
MEM
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-28-2004
The visual revised...

Main Parent Window <--
| ^
| |
Child Popup A |- Refresh from Child Popup A1
| |
Child Popup A1 ----> ^

Is the visual or text description confusing?

Can someone answer yes or not at least. That way I can give up on my
end and pursue somthing different. Smart asses need not answer

Thanks.


(E-Mail Removed) (MEM) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> No answers or suggestions? I guess it cannot be done then?!
>
> (E-Mail Removed) (MEM) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to refresh the main or top most browser window from a child
> > window. Specifically, child popup A is opened by a main browser window
> > then child popup B is opened from within child popup A.
> >
> > How do i refer to the very first parent window?
> >
> > Visual...
> >
> > Main Parent Window --
> > | |
> > Child Popup A |- Refresh Main Parent Window from Child Popup B
> > | |
> > Child Popup B ---
> >
> > Thanks in advanced.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-10-2004
MEM wrote:

> The visual revised...
>
> Main Parent Window <--
> | ^
> | |
> Child Popup A |- Refresh from Child Popup A1
> | |
> Child Popup A1 ----> ^
>
> Is the visual or text description confusing?


No.

> Can someone answer yes


yes

> or not at least.


not

> That way I can give up on my end and pursue somthing different.


What you still fail to understand is that this is not a (paid) Web
support forum, but a text-only Usenet discussion group you are using
Google Groups to interface with ...

> Smart asses need not answer


.... which is why (especially competent) people subscribing to the newsgroup
dislike *demanding* postings like yours and they really dislike postings
composed of

> [top post]


as described in the FAQ which also provides the answer to your
question as Google Groups search itself does. (Search for "opener".)


PointedEars
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Initiating a PostBack on a main window from a popup window Jay ASP .Net 8 06-12-2011 10:51 AM
Refresh main browser window when secondary window is closed. =?Utf-8?B?R2FyeQ==?= ASP .Net 1 11-11-2005 04:14 PM
Main > Popup > Popup > Close popup AND new URL in main? Jens Peter Hansen Javascript 7 06-19-2004 08:56 PM
refreshing main opener window from a second (popup) window sentinel Javascript 1 02-16-2004 01:56 PM



Advertisments