Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > set a default directory to open in <INPUT TYPE="FILE">

set a default directory to open in <INPUT TYPE="FILE">

Matt

When we click Browse button, <input type="FILE">, can we set the
default of the directory to open?? For example, C:\MYFILES are open
when the file open dialog is opened.

please advise. thanks!!

Michael Winter

On 22 Sep 2004 11:10:59 -0700, Matt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When we click Browse button, <input type="FILE">, can we set the
> default of the directory to open??

No.

> For example, C:\MYFILES are open when the file open dialog is opened.

And the reason why is quite obvious. I, and most other people, don't have
that path. Some OSs don't even use a drive-oriented file system. It
wouldn't make sense to build in a feature that is inapplicable to so many.

If this is for personal use only, a HTA in IE might provide the
functionality, but I wouldn't know.

> please advise. thanks!!

Last piece of advice: don't multi-post. If you think that a post is
on-topic in more than one newsgroup, cross-post it.

Mike

--
Michael Winter