Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Why this one works in Opera not in Mozzila?

Why this one works in Opera not in Mozzila?

i6033162556-signup1@yahoo.com.cn

http://javascript.internet.com/games/mouse-bomb.html
works in IE

But I need it either work both in Mozzila and Opera or not work in
either.
Currently it works in Opera but not in Mozzila. Can anyone help me to
enable it in Firefox or disable it in Opera?

Thanks.

kaeli

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, i6033162556-
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> http://javascript.internet.com/games/mouse-bomb.html
> works in IE
>
> But I need it either work both in Mozzila and Opera or not work in
> either.

Um, why?

I believe the test
if (window.opera)
will return true for Opera.
At least it used to.
I dunno if it will still return true if Opera is set to show itself as IE.

~kaeli~
With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Randy Webb

kaeli wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, i6033162556-
> (E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
>
>>http://javascript.internet.com/games/mouse-bomb.html
>>works in IE
>>
>>But I need it either work both in Mozzila and Opera or not work in
>>either.

> Um, why?
>
> I believe the test
> if (window.opera)
> will return true for Opera.
> At least it used to.

Still does

> I dunno if it will still return true if Opera is set to show itself as IE.

Yes. window.opera is always present in Opera, irregardless of spoof-mode.

--
Randy