Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Anchor question

Anchor question

Steve Peterson

Hi

I have a rather lengthy web form. Near the end of the form (one must scroll
down to reach it) I have a dropdown list control w/ the autopostback set to
true. When the user changes the index the post back occurs, I handle the
code, no problem. However, what I wold like to happen is that when the html
is returned to the client that the page automatically shows the bottom
where the dropdown list is. I have placed an anchor tag in the html next to
the cbo control tag, but can't quite figure out how to use it correctly, or
rather modifying the return URL string so the client browser does what I
would like..

Anyone help out?

TIA
Steve

Hans Kesting

Steve Peterson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a rather lengthy web form. Near the end of the form (one must
> scroll down to reach it) I have a dropdown list control w/ the
> autopostback set to true. When the user changes the index the post
> back occurs, I handle the code, no problem. However, what I wold like
> to happen is that when the html is returned to the client that the
> page automatically shows the bottom where the dropdown list is. I
> have placed an anchor tag in the html next to the cbo control tag,
> but can't quite figure out how to use it correctly, or rather
> modifying the return URL string so the client browser does what I
> would like..
> Anyone help out?
>
> TIA
> Steve

You can set "SmartNavigation" on. This should work in IE, not in other
browsers, but even there I had problems: external stylesheets got lost.

There are several components "out there" that try to maintain scrollposition
between postbacks.

Hans Kesting

Steve Peterson

Hi Hans

Thx for your reply. I tried turning on SmartNavigation and it seemed to work
fine. However, iexplorer.exe will throw an error if I close the browser at
this page. If I follow a link from this page to another page or hit "back"
button & close, then browser closes fine. I have no clue why the following
error is thrown:

"The instruction at "0x1003e8d" referenced memeory at "0x1003e8d" . The
memory could not be "read".
Click OK to terminate program

I'm running the latest version of IE
(6.0.2900.2180.xpsp2_rtm.0040803-215...

Like I said - this error only happens if I have SmartNavigation on (I tried
both ways - in @Page directive & setting it by code). Page closes fine w/
out SmartNavigation on..

mmmm, bug in IE?

Steve

"Hans Kesting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Steve Peterson wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a rather lengthy web form. Near the end of the form (one must
>> scroll down to reach it) I have a dropdown list control w/ the
>> autopostback set to true. When the user changes the index the post
>> back occurs, I handle the code, no problem. However, what I wold like
>> to happen is that when the html is returned to the client that the
>> page automatically shows the bottom where the dropdown list is. I
>> have placed an anchor tag in the html next to the cbo control tag,
>> but can't quite figure out how to use it correctly, or rather
>> modifying the return URL string so the client browser does what I
>> would like..
>> Anyone help out?
>>
>> TIA
>> Steve

> You can set "SmartNavigation" on. This should work in IE, not in other
> browsers, but even there I had problems: external stylesheets got lost.
>
> There are several components "out there" that try to maintain
> scrollposition
> between postbacks.
>
> Hans Kesting

Named anchor question Mark Parnell HTML 3 06-28-2005 08:17 PM
anchor question Thomas Scheiderich HTML 8 09-09-2004 10:06 PM
Anchor Bay Dawn of the Dead SE...question... Joseph S. Powell, III DVD Video 4 06-19-2004 03:02 PM
Anchor style question TheKeith HTML 3 10-21-2003 05:07 AM
anchor question Mike P ASP .Net 1 08-05-2003 12:14 PM

Advertisments