Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > wait for an object.mouseover to execute a function

wait for an object.mouseover to execute a function

Charlie T

Hello,

This is somewhat of an easy task in other languages, but for some
reason I can't figure it out in JavaScript.

I have a function "getData( )" The function will be contained in side
of a DIV.

Example:
//<DIV>"javascript:document.link2Watch.onmouseover(g etData(data))</DIV>
//<DIV>"javascript:document.link2Watch.onmouseover(g etData(otherData))</DIV>

//<a href="#" name="link2Watch" onmouseover"">Object to watch</a>

When someone runs their mouse over a particular link (object) I would
like my function to be executed. The function will be spred throughout
my webpage, so I need to somehow capture the mouseover event.

Does anyone understand? Can anyone help?

Thanks Much....

Mike Foster

Charlie T wrote:
> When someone runs their mouse over a particular link (object) I would
> like my function to be executed. The function will be spred throughout
> my webpage, so I need to somehow capture the mouseover event.

Perhaps the technique used in the following demo will be helpful:
http://cross-browser.com/toys/link_interception.php

There are other techniques - but I'm not sure if I understand what
you're trying to do. Is the page online?