Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > how to choose one field and automatically show sub-selections in another field?

how to choose one field and automatically show sub-selections in another field?

NotGiven

I'd like to have several levels of field selection. For example, field one
has three choices. Once you choose on form field one, several selections
show in field based that ARE BASED ON your selection in field one. Field
three selections are based on field two,...

If you know of a good tutorial or site recommendations, I' appreciate you
posting them here. Thanks.

oeyvind toft

What do you mean by 'fields' ? Dropdowns ? radiobutts ? checkboxes ?

Oeyvind

--
http://home.online.no/~oeyvtoft/ToftWeb/

"NotGiven" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:q0i_c.83967$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I'd like to have several levels of field selection. For example, field

one
> has three choices. Once you choose on form field one, several selections
> show in field based that ARE BASED ON your selection in field one. Field
> three selections are based on field two,...
>
> If you know of a good tutorial or site recommendations, I' appreciate you
> posting them here. Thanks.

NotGiven

Probably checkbox or radio buttons - I know they would be treated
differently, but if I learn one, I coul dlearn the other. Thanks.

"oeyvind toft" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:I7i_c.5031$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you mean by 'fields' ? Dropdowns ? radiobutts ? checkboxes ?
>
> Oeyvind
>
> --
> http://home.online.no/~oeyvtoft/ToftWeb/
>

> "NotGiven" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
> news:q0i_c.83967$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> I'd like to have several levels of field selection. For example, field

> one
>> has three choices. Once you choose on form field one, several selections
>> show in field based that ARE BASED ON your selection in field one. Field
>> three selections are based on field two,...
>>
>> If you know of a good tutorial or site recommendations, I' appreciate you
>> posting them here. Thanks.

Randy Webb

NotGiven wrote:

> Probably checkbox or radio buttons - I know they would be treated
> differently, but if I learn one, I coul dlearn the other. Thanks.

Thats not true. Radio Buttons and Checkboxes are entirely different when
it comes to dealing with them in Javascript. Especially when it comes to
getting the value of one. Consult the FAQ, and its notes.

http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_13

--
Randy

NotGiven

that helps with the form control bu tnot the question in general - thanks

"Randy Webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> NotGiven wrote:
>
>> Probably checkbox or radio buttons - I know they would be treated
>> differently, but if I learn one, I coul dlearn the other. Thanks.

> Thats not true. Radio Buttons and Checkboxes are entirely different when
> it comes to dealing with them in Javascript. Especially when it comes to
> getting the value of one. Consult the FAQ, and its notes.
>
> http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_13
>

> --
> Randy
> comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq

NotGiven

two checkboxes, c1 <Sport>, c2 <SUV>. one field, f1 <MODELS>. If user
checks c1, f1 is filled with models of Sports cars (Mustang, Porche,...).
If c2 is checked, then f1 is filled with SUV models.

By filled with, I f1 was empty but after the checkbox is checked, many
choices appear.

Thanks.

"NotGiven" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:q0i_c.83967$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I'd like to have several levels of field selection. For example, field
> one has three choices. Once you choose on form field one, several
> selections show in field based that ARE BASED ON your selection in field
> one. Field three selections are based on field two,...
>
> If you know of a good tutorial or site recommendations, I' appreciate you
> posting them here. Thanks.

oeyvind toft

I have done some experiments on a setup like the one you mention (but using
radiobutts).

If you supply an email address I can send it...

Oeyvind

--
http://home.online.no/~oeyvtoft/ToftWeb/

"NotGiven" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news2q_c.95366$(E-Mail Removed).. .