Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > cookie expiring date

cookie expiring date

Québec

Hi,

How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?
.... alert(document.cookie.expires) ...

Jean Pierre

Evertjan.

Québec wrote on 04 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
> How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?
> ... alert(document.cookie.expires) ...

You don't, Jean Pierre

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Michael Winter

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:39:08 -0400, Québec <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?

As far I know, you can't. Once the browser has the cookie, the expires (or
Max-Age) value becomes internal: it's only used to decide if the cookie
should be returned when requested.

Mike

--
Michael Winter

Québec

So, I will write it has a cookie info in an array.

Thanks

Jean
"Michael Winter" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
newspsdssnkiix13kvk@atlantis...
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:39:08 -0400, Québec <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?

> As far I know, you can't. Once the browser has the cookie, the expires (or
> Max-Age) value becomes internal: it's only used to decide if the cookie
> should be returned when requested.
>
> Mike
>
> --
> Michael Winter
> Replace ".invalid" with ".uk" to reply by e-mail.

Evertjan.

Michael Winter wrote on 04 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:39:08 -0400, Qu‚bec <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?

> As far I know, you can't. Once the browser has the cookie, the expires
> (or Max-Age) value becomes internal: it's only used to decide if the
> cookie should be returned when requested.

Which does not mean you cannot include a copy of the the expiry date as a
string in a cookie key.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Québec

Precisely

Jean
"Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> Michael Winter wrote on 04 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
>
> > On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:39:08 -0400, Qu,bec <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> How do I get back the expires value of a cookie?

> > As far I know, you can't. Once the browser has the cookie, the expires
> > (or Max-Age) value becomes internal: it's only used to decide if the
> > cookie should be returned when requested.
> >

> Which does not mean you cannot include a copy of the the expiry date as a
> string in a cookie key.
>
> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.
> (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress,
> but let us keep the discussions in the newsgroup)

Evertjan.

Québec wrote on 04 sep 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
> "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
>> Which does not mean you cannot include a copy of the the expiry date
>> as a string in a cookie key.

> Precisely
>
> Jean

[topposting corrected, please do not toppost on usenet]

It always feels good, Jean Québec, when someone agrees with me.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.