Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > screenshot

screenshot

Aaron

can i use asp.net to capture a screen shot of a webpage? something like
this? http://img.nameintel.com/Thumbnails/...domain=cnn.com

Is there a script that does this?

Aaron

Lau Lei Cheong

Rather than the screenshot, what you can do is to save the HTML code of the
remote web page.
Unless you have a built-in HTML renderer in your ASP.NET project, you can't
possibly get
the screenshot saved as image.

"Aaron" <(E-Mail Removed)> 在郵件 news:(E-Mail Removed)
中撰寫...
> can i use asp.net to capture a screen shot of a webpage? something like
> this? http://img.nameintel.com/Thumbnails/...domain=cnn.com
>
> Is there a script that does this?
>
> Aaron

Nick Malik

Lau Lei Cheung is right, Aaron. The image you showed is of a web page,
which means that you want a picture of a rendered page, as it appears to a
web client.
You would need to download all images from the web server, and the HTML, and
modify the HTML to get the images from your download cache, and then store
all of it together. IE does this when you save a page locally as an MHT.

Perhaps you can ask IE to do this for you, but I don't have any idea of how
to do that.

Good luck,
--- Nick

"Aaron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> can i use asp.net to capture a screen shot of a webpage? something like
> this? http://img.nameintel.com/Thumbnails/...domain=cnn.com
>
> Is there a script that does this?
>
> Aaron

Scott M.

Copying the HTML wouldn't get you the images used in the page though, you'd
need to save the referenced image files also.

"Lau Lei Cheong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rather than the screenshot, what you can do is to save the HTML code of
> the
> remote web page.
> Unless you have a built-in HTML renderer in your ASP.NET project, you
> can't
> possibly get
> the screenshot saved as image.
>
> "Aaron" <(E-Mail Removed)> 在郵件
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> 中撰寫...
>> can i use asp.net to capture a screen shot of a webpage? something like
>> this? http://img.nameintel.com/Thumbnails/...domain=cnn.com
>>
>> Is there a script that does this?
>>
>> Aaron

Scott

Scott M. wrote:

> Copying the HTML wouldn't get you the images used in the page though,
> you'd need to save the referenced image files also.

See http://www.codeproject.com/vb/net/MhtBuilder.asp.

Scott C.