Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > thunderbird/firefox

thunderbird/firefox

Doug Schwabauer

I'm just getting started with thunderbird and firefox so bear
with me...how do I get thunderbird to use firefox for the
default browser so if I click on a link in an email firefox
comes up? Right now it tries to use IE.

Thanks!

Charlie

Doug Schwabauer wrote:

> I'm just getting started with thunderbird and firefox so bear
> with me...how do I get thunderbird to use firefox for the
> default browser so if I click on a link in an email firefox
> comes up? Right now it tries to use IE.
>
> Thanks!

You need to set Firefox as your default browser:
Tools > Options >General and click on Set Default Browser and that
should fix it.

Good choices, BTW!

Charlie.
www.lympledger.co.uk

Doug Schwabauer

Is that the only way to do it? That's not really
ideal...i'm using tb/ff for my work environment that
needs proxy servers and stuff. Then Mozilla for
home stuff. Yeah, I know about Profiles but I've
found them to not work very well.

Plus my wife uses IE/OE and that would mess up her
settings.