Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > how to submit the form data to a modal dialog window?

how to submit the form data to a modal dialog window?

Matt

I want to know how to submit the form data to a modal dialog window? The
following is page1.asp, and when the user clicks submit button, it will post
the form data to page2.asp by opening a new window. But I want modal dialog
window, any ideas??

<form action="page2.asp" method="post" target="_blank">
<input type="text" name="username">
<input type="submit" name="submit">
</form>

please help. thanks!!

kaeli

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> I want to know how to submit the form data to a modal dialog window? The
> following is page1.asp, and when the user clicks submit button, it will post
> the form data to page2.asp by opening a new window. But I want modal dialog
> window, any ideas??
>
> <form action="page2.asp" method="post" target="_blank">
> <input type="text" name="username">
> <input type="submit" name="submit">
> </form>
>
> please help. thanks!!

MSIE only.
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...ods/showmodald
ialog.asp>

Do rethink WHY you want this. Many users find them horrid.

~kaeli~
All I ask is the chance to prove that money cannot make me
happy.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Anitha

kaeli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> > I want to know how to submit the form data to a modal dialog window? The
> > following is page1.asp, and when the user clicks submit button, it will post
> > the form data to page2.asp by opening a new window. But I want modal dialog
> > window, any ideas??
> >
> > <form action="page2.asp" method="post" target="_blank">
> > <input type="text" name="username">
> > <input type="submit" name="submit">
> > </form>
> >
> > please help. thanks!!
> >

> MSIE only.
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...ods/showmodald
> ialog.asp>
>
> Do rethink WHY you want this. Many users find them horrid.
>
> --

Hi All,

I too have a similar situation.

I have a form in the main window. when submitted, I check for a
condition and if it is yes, then a modal window should open. The modal
window will have a textbox in it. when the modal window is submitted,
the value in the text box should be sent to the main window and the
modal window should close.

Can somebody please help me with this scenario?

Currently, I am at the situation where the modal window opens. but I
am not able to pass the value to the main window and close the modal
window.

Can anybody please help me?

Thanks
Anitha