Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Can Javascript add items to ASP/VBScript Dictionary object?

Can Javascript add items to ASP/VBScript Dictionary object?

tabonni

My situation is:

I got two ASP pages. One is ASP email form (I'm using Persist ASP
Email component). Another one has all file links in it. For example,
when user click Outlook course hyperlink. It will pop up another
window with outlook course PDF file. (All PDF files are already in the
server).

What I am trying to do is: When user click the "Add Email" hyperlink,
it will add that course name and filepath into ASP/VBScript Dictioanry
Object. After the user finish and click "Attach to email" button. All
the files will be attached in the email as an attachment.

Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
to ASP Dictionary Object?

Thank you.

kaeli

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
> to ASP Dictionary Object?

Please clarify: do you mean JScript, running in the ASP environment on the
server, or client-side Javascript, running in the browser?
The former, probably. The latter, no.

~kaeli~
Doing my part to **** off the Religious Right.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

tabonni

kaeli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> > Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
> > to ASP Dictionary Object?
> >

> Please clarify: do you mean JScript, running in the ASP environment on the
> server, or client-side Javascript, running in the browser?
> The former, probably. The latter, no.
>

> --

I mean server-side JavaScript.

If I use JScript, how can I do that? I haven't used JScript before.

Cheers

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

tabonni wrote:

> kaeli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote [...]:

Please do not write attribution novels.

>> Please clarify: do you mean JScript, running in the ASP environment on
>> the server, or client-side Javascript, running in the browser?
>> The former, probably. The latter, no.

> I mean server-side JavaScript.

_JScript_

> If I use JScript, how can I do that? I haven't used JScript before.

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/script56/html/js56jsoriJScript.asp>
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/nhp/default.asp?contentid=28000522>

HTH

PointedEars
--
"Make up your mind. Is it a drug, a virus, or a religion?"

kaeli

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> kaeli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> > (E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> > > Because I am not familar with VBScript. So, can Javascript add items
> > > to ASP Dictionary Object?
> > >

> > Please clarify: do you mean JScript, running in the ASP environment on the
> > server, or client-side Javascript, running in the browser?
> > The former, probably. The latter, no.
> >

> > --

> I mean server-side JavaScript.
>
> If I use JScript, how can I do that? I haven't used JScript before.

JScript is merely the ASP version of server-side javascript. The term is used
to distinguish it as MS proprietary server-side javascript, as opposed to the
old Netscape Server server-side javascript (the only other server-side
javascript I know of).

One tends to either use VBScript or JScript with ASP. AFAIK, whether you use
"javascript" or "jscript" in the language attribute, ASP processes them both
the same.

Here's the docs from MS.
long link:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l=/library/en-
us/script56/html/js56jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp>

And I believe this is what you're looking for.
<http://17.webmasters.com/caspdoc/htm...t_add_method.h
tm>

HTH

~kaeli~
Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.