Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to create window that exactly fits the content

How to create window that exactly fits the content

Dropstengel

Hi
Is is possible to create a window, put content in it and finally set sizes
so that it exacly fits the content. The content is of variable length and
can be displayed in either IE or NS
Frank

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Dropstengel wrote:

> Is is possible to create a window, put content in it and finally set sizes
> so that it exacly fits the content.

You do read before you post, don't you?

<news:(E-Mail Removed)>

PointedEars
--
"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you," said the masochist
and whipped everyone he saw.

Dropstengel

"Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dropstengel wrote:
>
> > Is is possible to create a window, put content in it and finally set

sizes
> > so that it exacly fits the content.

> You do read before you post, don't you?

Yes, why?

> <news:(E-Mail Removed)>
>

> PointedEars

Frank

kaeli

In article <412248d0$0$6968$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
enlightened us with...

> Is is possible to create a window, put content in it and finally set sizes
> so that it exacly fits the content. The content is of variable length and
> can be displayed in either IE or NS

Search the archives. This was just answered earlier today. Post title was
"Adapt size of popup to its content's size".

~kaeli~
Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu thinks you'd make
a nice sandwich.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Michael Winter

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:59:41 +0200, Dropstengel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

[snip]

>> You do read before you post, don't you?

> Yes, why?

Someone posted the same question about nine hours ago. The message id he
posted refers to his reply in this thread:

From: (E-Mail Removed) (Daniel Fugmann)
Subject: Adapt size of popup to its content's size?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:03:50 GMT

Mike

--
Michael Winter
Replace ".invalid" with ".uk" to reply by e-mail

kaeli

In article <4122558e$0$34762$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>, (E-Mail Removed)
enlightened us with...

> "Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Dropstengel wrote:
> >
> > > Is is possible to create a window, put content in it and finally set

> sizes
> > > so that it exacly fits the content.

> > You do read before you post, don't you?
> >

> Yes, why?

Because you posted this exact question a few hours ago and it was answered.
The same question asked by another poster was also answered.
Either your newsserver is slow or you're using a web service that doesn't
update very often if you read the group and didn't see the replies. You may
want to find a more reliable source.

~kaeli~
Acupuncture is a jab well done.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Dropstengel

"kaeli" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <4122558e$0$34762$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>, (E-Mail Removed)
> enlightened us with...
> >
> > "Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > sizes
> > >
> > > You do read before you post, don't you?
> > >

> > Yes, why?
> >

> Because you posted this exact question a few hours ago and it was

answered.
> The same question asked by another poster was also answered.
> Either your newsserver is slow or you're using a web service that doesn't
> update very often if you read the group and didn't see the replies. You

may
> want to find a more reliable source.

I didn't post it....but sorry that I didn't browse through the messages..

> ~kaeli~
> Acupuncture is a jab well done.
> http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
> http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Frank

kaeli

In article <41226448$0$78283$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl>, (E-Mail Removed)
enlightened us with...

> I didn't post it....but sorry that I didn't browse through the messages..

Oops, my bad. I saw your name twice.
The question was asked by someone else.
You asked a different one. This is what I get for staying up too late playing
that damn Flash game...

Sorry.

~kaeli~
Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?