Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Help: Simple Timed Text Replace

Help: Simple Timed Text Replace

Monty

Hi, I have the following in my HTML document...

All I want to do is replace the above "File Saved" text on my page with
"Upload File" after about 5 seconds after the page loads again.

Does anyone have simple code that can do this, or know of a place that has
this code? I've scoured a bunch of sites, but, because this is probably a
simple task, couldn't find any scripts that do exactly this.

Thanks!!

Monty

Randy Webb

Monty wrote:

> Hi, I have the following in my HTML document...

> All I want to do is replace the above "File Saved" text on my page with
> "Upload File" after about 5 seconds after the page loads again.
>
> Does anyone have simple code that can do this, or know of a place that has
> this code? I've scoured a bunch of sites, but, because this is probably a
> simple task, couldn't find any scripts that do exactly this.

Search the archives for setTimeout and read the FAQ (down until Monday
after lunch) with regards to dynamically changing a page.

--
Randy

Monty

> Search the archives for setTimeout and read the FAQ (down until Monday
> after lunch) with regards to dynamically changing a page.

The FAQ isn't there. Monday's too late anyway.

Anyone else have any suggestions, please?

Search the c.l.j archives at groups.google.com

You can find the FAQ there as well, posted in plain text.

--
Randy

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, dated Sun, 15 Aug
2004 19:34:57, seen in news:comp.lang.javascript, Randy Webb
<(E-Mail Removed)> posted :
>Monty wrote:
>
>> Hi, I have the following in my HTML document...

>> All I want to do is replace the above "File Saved" text on my page with
>> "Upload File" after about 5 seconds after the page loads again.
>>
>> Does anyone have simple code that can do this, or know of a place that has
>> this code? I've scoured a bunch of sites, but, because this is probably a
>> simple task, couldn't find any scripts that do exactly this.
>>

>Search the archives for setTimeout and read the FAQ (down until Monday
>after lunch) with regards to dynamically changing a page.

Any reasonable News service will still have the News version of the FAQ
which was posted last Friday; indeed should have all articles from at
least a week or two back.

Perhaps some of those whose sigs refer to the newsgroup FAQ and are not
already full might add a reference to the FAQ in News? It requires only
one line; see below.

The code could be obtained by simplifying the start of my js-date2.htm;
to which I have added an example using DynWrite from the newsgroup FAQ.

FAQ is posted in <URL:news:comp.lang.javascript> thrice weekly in two parts.