Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > can't disable scrollbars for certain websites

can't disable scrollbars for certain websites

Raja Kannan

I have this following code,
in the below program if u click on hide it will hide he scrollbars of
the 2 frames by setting the overflow attribute to hidden. the problem
is frame1 seems to hide the scrollbars but the frame2
(search.yahoo.com) seems to be not hiding the scroll bar. there is
something special about the search.yahoo.com com webpage which
prevents from hiding the scrollbar.

so any help would be appreciated if there is anyway we can disable he
scrollbars when pages are loaded with similar pages.

note if run this html in a browser it will give access denied
exception but rename ur htm to .HTA extesnion and run where it will
work.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0">
<TITLE></TITLE>
<script language="javascript">
function hide() {
window.frames[0].document.body.style.overflow='hidden';
window.frames[1].document.body.style.overflow='hidden';
}
function unhide() {
window.frames[0].document.body.style.overflow='';
window.frames[1].document.body.style.overflow='';
}
</script>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<iframe name="frame1" src="http://www.google.com" widht=100 height
=200></iframe><BR>
<iframe name="frame2" src="http://search.yahoo.com" widht=100 height
=100></iframe>
<BR>
<input type="button" onclick="hide();" value="hide" id=button1
name=button1>
<input type="button" onclick="unhide();" value="unhide" id=button2
name=button2>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>