Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > How to check for the officer version installed with javascript

How to check for the officer version installed with javascript

Vincent

Dear all,

I would like to know how to check for the MS Access version that is
installed on someones computer via a webpage. I thought vbscript
would work, but because I cannot figure out how to run vbscript on the
clients machine I cannot work. Basically it could have a button or an
even or somekind then when this event executes the test says you have
this verison os MS Acess installed you computer: 97, 200, 2002, or
2003.

You can do this my looking into the registry or any other method you
like.

email me if you want to vbscript code.

Thanks a bunch,

Vince

Robert

\

> You can do this my looking into the registry or any other method you
> like.

> Vince
> (E-Mail Removed)

Try a google search on parasite.js. It invokes some ActiveX control
to look into the registry.

Here is a link to the parasite.js file. It seems to be written in
some host language to be downloaded to the client.

http://www.doxdesk.com/file/software/js/parasite.js

See the following writeup for a discription.

http://www.doxdesk.com/software/js/parasite.html

I would not enable IE to run ActiveX controls. You are asking for
trouble in my opinion.

There seems to be a debate in the following thread whether letting
parasite.js run on your machine opens you up to a bunch os spyware.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...4edce9c&rnum=2

Title: script to read the Registry in Win32?

Robert

Vince West

Are there any tools that I can use to just convert my vbscript to
javascript. I have heard of javafy that is part of the IIS Resource Kit
from Microsoft. But for some reason I cannot find a downloadable
version of the program.
Please advise

and again thank you

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Vince West wrote:

> Are there any tools that I can use to just convert my vbscript to
> javascript. I have heard of javafy that is part of the IIS Resource Kit
> from Microsoft. But for some reason I cannot find a downloadable
> version of the program.
> Please advise

<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/iis4/reskit/iis40rg/iisrkapa.mspx>

HTH

PointedEars

Vince West

Is there anywhere where I can just download the tool, which I think is
named Javafy. I see the Resource Kit, but honestly I dont need all of
that?

Many thanks

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Vince West wrote:

> Is there anywhere where I can just download the tool,

Probably there are unauthorized illegal resources on the Net.

> which I think is named Javafy. I see the Resource Kit, but honestly I
> dont need all of that?

Why should especially M$ give away a tool for free if they can
make money with it?

PointedEars