Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > minimize window (IE6)

minimize window (IE6)

jacek

hi,
I have a form and onsubmit there's a code like this <form [...]
onsubmit="w=window.open([parameters]); w.blur(); " >

the window opens correctly, all the parameters work just fine, but the
window doesn't get minimized.
My browser is Internet Explorer 6.

Grant Wagner

jacek wrote:

> hi,
> I have a form and onsubmit there's a code like this <form [...]
> onsubmit="w=window.open([parameters]); w.blur(); " >
>
> the window opens correctly, all the parameters work just fine, but the
> window doesn't get minimized.
> My browser is Internet Explorer 6.

[window].blur() does not minimize the window, in fact, in a number of
operating systems, there is no concept of a "minimized window".

[window].blur() _may_, on some browsers, on some operating systems, force
the focus to be lost on the window. The exact result of the window losing
focus is browser and platform dependant, but it is unlikely it would ever
result in a window becoming minimized.

--
Grant Wagner <(E-Mail Removed)>

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

jacek wrote:

> I have a form and onsubmit there's a code like this <form [...]
> onsubmit="w=window.open([parameters]); w.blur(); " >
>
> the window opens correctly, all the parameters work just fine, but the
> window doesn't get minimized.

Why should it? Minimizing a window is not what blur() is
intended to do, it merely removes the focus from a control.

PointedEars

To minimize the java window tosystem tray Percy Java 7 03-15-2008 03:02 PM
Minimize window when Show a ASP .Net 0 10-10-2005 10:31 AM
How to minimize the window Austin Python 2 04-12-2005 08:56 AM
in wxPython, how to minimize the window in absence of minimize button? Erik Bethke Python 1 02-08-2005 03:35 PM
how to open a browser window without the close-maxmize-minimize bar? feng ASP .Net 1 12-04-2003 03:46 PM

Advertisments