Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to play sound

How to play sound

Lord2702

I want to play a sound file, which is on my server, and approximately 5 - 7
MB it is .Wav file. or .mp3, I want to play this file so that user of my
site can click on a link to play this file. Is it possible to play a sound
file in .aspx page. If it is through webservice, that is also good. C# code
please.

Also, please let me know waht is the best solution to play any sound file.
Does my client require to have windows multi-media sdk(for required ActiveX
control) or windows media player install on their computer ?

I appreciate your reply.

=?Utf-8?B?c3Jpbmk=?=

Just a thought,
You can import the audio file into Flash and convert it to an swf file.(of
course you need flash for this) but believe me you get a very less file size.
And also flash player runs on *most* of the browsers so just load the swf
file when the user clicks the link.
the best
srini