Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Calling another form

Calling another form

John

Hi

How can I move from one aspx page to another programmatically?

Thanks

Regards

Lucas Tam

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eSY4v5YqEHA.348
@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

> Hi
>
> How can I move from one aspx page to another programmatically?
>
> Thanks

use response.redirect

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Alex Homer

Take a look at "Chapter 2 - Cross-Page Posting Techniques" in
http://www.daveandal.net/books/6744/samples.aspx

The three examples demonstrate changing the action of a form, using
response.redirect, using server.transfer and using a page reference; all
including the issues of passing values form one page to another.

John

If I use Response.Redirect("page2", false) to redirect to page 2 from this
page, how can I tell page 2 to return to this page when done?

Thanks

Regards

"Lucas Tam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9577B349F5E1Bnntprogerscom@140.99.99.130.. .
> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:eSY4v5YqEHA.348
> @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > How can I move from one aspx page to another programmatically?
> >
> > Thanks

> use response.redirect
>
> --
> Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Lucas Tam

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> If I use Response.Redirect("page2", false) to redirect to page 2 from
> this page, how can I tell page 2 to return to this page when done?

On page 2, you use reponse.redirect back to the original page...

You may need to pass a variable to page1 to tell page1 that you've already
processed page2 and not to redirect again.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

John

What if several pages call page 2 for validation? Should I send the name of
the calling page in the call somehow or is there an automatic method to
determine the calling page?

> "John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > If I use Response.Redirect("page2", false) to redirect to page 2 from
> > this page, how can I tell page 2 to return to this page when done?

> On page 2, you use reponse.redirect back to the original page...
>
> You may need to pass a variable to page1 to tell page1 that you've already
> processed page2 and not to redirect again.
>
> --
> Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Lucas Tam

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What if several pages call page 2 for validation? Should I send the
> name of the calling page in the call somehow or is there an automatic
> method to determine the calling page?

You can use the server variable HTTP_REFERER to find out which page called
the current page.

However, if you're creating a page just for validation it may make more
sense to create a validation class rather than a validation page. With a
validation class, you can call it within a page's validation event without
redirecting.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))