Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > what is URL command that displays source instead of page?

what is URL command that displays source instead of page?

David W. Deley

There's some command I forgot that you can type into the
address field of a web browser that will cause it to
display the source code for that page instead of
the page itself. Can anyone tell me what it is?
It's something like:

viewsource:http://mysite.com
or
or
source:http://mysite.com

except I don't quite have it correct.

Martin Honnen

David W. Deley wrote:

> There's some command I forgot that you can type into the
> address field of a web browser that will cause it to
> display the source code for that page instead of
> the page itself. Can anyone tell me what it is?
> It's something like:
>
> viewsource:http://mysite.com

Try
view-source:http://www.example.com/
but there is no standard as far as I know that browsers need to support
view-source as a pseudo protocol.
And of course most browsers have a menu item to view the source
--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/