Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Question Regarding Text Sizing

Question Regarding Text Sizing

Douglas Pollock

I've been trying to use HTML text that will scale up or down using the
Internet Explorer 6.0 menu View\Text Size. I'm using CSS to set the sizes
and weight.

When I use View\Text Size Medium and CSS the results are

Product line - font-size: medium - result bolded
Pricing line - font-size: small - normal

When I use View\Text Size with any size not medium and CSS the results are

Product line - font-size: medium - normal
Pricing line - font-size: small - normal

If I use font-weight bold for the Product Line I end up with double bolding
when View\Text is set to Medium.

This inconsistant behavior of bolding makes it hard to have consistant
looking fonts where the Product Line should be bolded.

If I use a set point size the text will not scale.

Is there a way of setting up fonts so that the results across the View\Text
Size options is consistant?

Thanks in advance
Doug

Grant Wagner

Douglas Pollock wrote:

> I've been trying to use HTML text that will scale up or down using the
> Internet Explorer 6.0 menu View\Text Size. I'm using CSS to set the sizes
> and weight.
>
> When I use View\Text Size Medium and CSS the results are
>
> Product line - font-size: medium - result bolded
> Pricing line - font-size: small - normal
>
> When I use View\Text Size with any size not medium and CSS the results are
>
> Product line - font-size: medium - normal
> Pricing line - font-size: small - normal
>
> If I use font-weight bold for the Product Line I end up with double bolding
> when View\Text is set to Medium.
>
> This inconsistant behavior of bolding makes it hard to have consistant
> looking fonts where the Product Line should be bolded.
>
> If I use a set point size the text will not scale.
>
> Is there a way of setting up fonts so that the results across the View\Text
> Size options is consistant?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Doug

span.product {
font-size: medium;
font-weight: bold;
}
span.pricing {
font-size: small;
}

Results in "Product" being "bold" from View -> Text Size -> Largest to View ->
Text Size -> Smallest in IE6SP1 here. Maybe your font-family doesn't make that
obvious when fonts get below a specific size (such as Verdana).

Anyway, what does this have to do with Javascript?

--
| Grant Wagner <(E-Mail Removed)>

*
http://devedge.netscape.com/library/...ce/frames.html