Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > post form data to a modal dialog window

post form data to a modal dialog window

Matt

I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal dialog
window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height 200px by width
200px.

Here's my attempts and problems:

Attempt #1) In http://server/page1.asp, it has code <form
action="http://server/modaldialog.asp" method="post" target="_blank">

In http://server/modaldialog.asp, it has code <body onBlur = "self.focus()">

It can produce modal dialog window modaldialog.asp, but I want to set the
width and height of modaldialog.asp.

Attempt #2) var sReturn = window.showModalDialog("modaldialog.asp", params,
"dialogHeight:200px; dialogWidth:200px;");

This is the effect I want. But this is not posting the form data to
modaldialog.asp.

Any workarounds to my problems??

Thanks!!

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Matt wrote:
> I want to post the form data (http://server/page1.asp) to a modal
> dialog window (http://server/modaldialog.asp) with a desired height
> 200px by width 200px.

I doubt this is possible. A modal dialog window is just that: modal.
Script execution should not continue as long as the window is open.

PointedEars