Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Client side cashing.

Client side cashing.

cy

Hi all,
Can anybody give me an example of storing data on the client side in .js
file and then using the file to add items to a second select item box.

I greatly appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

cy said:

>Hi all,
>Can anybody give me an example of storing data on the client side in .js
>file and then using the file to add items to a second select item box.

You can't store data on the client side.
As your subject (but nothing in your message) suggests, if
your page refers to a .js file stored on your server, the
client browser *might* automatically store a copy in its
cache, but there's way for you to force it to, and even if
it does, it may be gone when they return to your site.

If updating your select options requires access to a lot of
data, you should be doing it on the server. That also allows
people with Javascript disabled to use the page.

Vincent van Beveren

> Hi all,
> Can anybody give me an example of storing data on the client side in .js
> file and then using the file to add items to a second select item box.

Its not possible that way I think... but maybe it can be solved by using
cookies?

http://www.webreference.com/js/column8/functions.html

good luck,
Vincent