Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > refreshing parent window when closing child

refreshing parent window when closing child

jb61264@yahoo.com

Is it possible to refresh a parent browser window when a "child"
browser window has been closed using the [X] button in the upper right
corner of the browser?

When I refer to child window, I mean that a link within a "parent"
window has opened a new browser window.

Vincent van Beveren

Yes

window.onunload = function() {
opener.location.reload();
}

good luck,
Vincent

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Vincent van Beveren wrote:
> Yes

No.

> window.onunload = function() {
> opener.location.reload();
> }

That also fires if the current document is unloaded,
i.e. the user navigates to another document.

Besides, would you please learn how to quote in Usenet?

PointedEars