Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Can I make a page open at the last line without having page#zzz in the address bar?

Can I make a page open at the last line without having page#zzz in the address bar?

Jake

Hi all

I have a webpage that contains a long table and it would be nice if on opening with http://page.asp
the browser automatically jumps to the last line, without showing http://page.asp#bottom
in stead of http://page.asp in the address bar.

Currently I use this small script at bottom

---------- table display code----------
--

</tbody>

Is there a way?
Thank you all

--
Windows98 links to solutions http://jake98.no-ip.info
Replies in the same thread please

G Roydor

Voyez la méthode scroll ; il vous faudra determiner la longueur de la
fenetre

GR

Jake a écrit:
> Hi all
>
> I have a webpage that contains a long table and it would be nice if on opening with http://page.asp
> the browser automatically jumps to the last line, without showing http://page.asp#bottom
> in stead of http://page.asp in the address bar.
>
> Currently I use this small script at bottom
>
> ---------- table display code----------
> --
>
> </tbody>
>
> Is there a way?
> Thank you all

Jake

Hi Andrew Thompson,

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:05:05 GMT, Jake wrote:
>
> > I have a webpage that contains a long table and it would be nice if on opening with http://page.asp
> > the browser automatically jumps to the last line, without showing http://page.asp#bottom
> > in stead of http://page.asp in the address bar.

> If you want the last line to be prominent..
> why not reverse the order of the data?
>
> --
> Andrew Thompson

Thanks for replying,
The idea is not bad, but not practical for a few reasons:
1. The data is coming from a file, where events are appended at the tail, with time/date stamp
2. I prefer having the most recent events at the bottom
3. Option to print the document with browsers button, older events usually on top of page

--
Windows98 links to solutions http://jake98.no-ip.info
Replies in the same thread please
Regards Jake

Lee

Jake said:

>Hi all
>
>I have a webpage that contains a long table and it would be nice if on opening
>with http://page.asp
>the browser automatically jumps to the last line, without showing
>http://page.asp#bottom
>in stead of http://page.asp in the address bar.

The number 9e9 being Stockton's Constant, a large number represented by few
characters.

Jake

Hi Lee,

> Jake said:
> >
> >Hi all
> >
> >I have a webpage that contains a long table and it would be nice if on opening
> >with http://page.asp
> >the browser automatically jumps to the last line, without showing
> >http://page.asp#bottom
> >in stead of http://page.asp in the address bar.

> The number 9e9 being Stockton's Constant, a large number represented by few
> characters.

Yesssss ! thats it!
Works great !

Thanks Lee

--
Windows98 links to solutions http://jake98.no-ip.info
Replies in the same thread please
Regards Jake

Jake

Hi G Roydor,

> Voyez la méthode scroll ; il vous faudra determiner la longueur de la
> fenetre
>
> GR

Merci GR,
I will study that, but I have a perfect solution from Lee
See further down
Thank you too