Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Mozilla XML multipart form problem

Mozilla XML multipart form problem

Mark

If I use Mozilla to post multipart form data that includes an XML
schema file with an extension of .xsd the Content-Type is
"application/octet-stream".

If I use an extension of .xml I get the Content-Type "text/xml" [which
is what I'm after].

Is this a known problem and is there another workaround besides using
the extension .xml?

Note that IE gets this correct and always uses the Content-Type
"text/xml".

Many thanks in advance for any answers!

Martin Honnen

Mark wrote:

> If I use Mozilla to post multipart form data that includes an XML
> schema file with an extension of .xsd the Content-Type is
> "application/octet-stream".
>
> If I use an extension of .xml I get the Content-Type "text/xml" [which
> is what I'm after].
>
> Is this a known problem and is there another workaround besides using
> the extension .xml?
>
> Note that IE gets this correct and always uses the Content-Type
> "text/xml".

That has nothing to do with JavaScript so I am not sure why you ask here.
As for the problem I guess that Mozilla doesn't know which MIME type to
associate with the suffix .xsd and therefore chooses
application/octet-stream.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/