Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Newbie: Refresh contents of a div or table cell

Newbie: Refresh contents of a div or table cell

dlolsen

Info:
The page uses divs to create columns for the navigation bars. In the far
left column will be the main links(one for each module that I'm working on).
In the middle column I want to have links for the subheadings. In the right
hand column I have a scrollable region.

Help:
I want to make it so that when I click on one of the subheadings I can load
new content into the scrollable region. (without opening a whole new page)
-OR-
somehow make it so that when you click on the link it moves the scrollable
content to the target area. (I have already tried linking to an anchor point
in the scrollable text, but to no avail)

I am new to this so please forgive me. If anyone has any ideas or could even
point me in the right directions I would appreciate it greatly.

Dave

dlolsen

Forgot to include a link to the page. oops.

http://members.shaw.ca/dolsen2/intro.htm

Dave

Vincent van Beveren

Hi Dave,

What you are looking for are IFRAME's. Thats the easiest, I think.

for example:

<IFRAME id="myFrame" STYLE="width:400px;height:300px"></IFRAME>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function changeIFrameSRC() {
document.getElementById("myFrame").src='index2.htm l';
}

</SCRIPT>

Good luck,
Vincent