Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox fonts in Linux

Firefox fonts in Linux

Scoobie

Okay, I'm fairly new to Linux. I recently installed Slackware 9.1 and the
fonts in Mozilla look fine. So I installed Firefox, which is my preferred
browser, and the fonts look crummy. They are jagged and often too small. How
can I make them look like the Mozilla fonts?

Gunther

In article <IOGuc.25017$eY2.18219@attbi_s02>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Okay, I'm fairly new to Linux. I recently installed Slackware 9.1 and the
> fonts in Mozilla look fine. So I installed Firefox, which is my preferred
> browser, and the fonts look crummy. They are jagged and often too small. How
> can I make them look like the Mozilla fonts?

Get a build with xft and gtk2 and it will look much nicer.
Try
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...ightly/latest-
trunk/firefox-i686-linux-gtk2+xft.tar.gz