Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Removing IE headers and footers when printing a page

Removing IE headers and footers when printing a page

reneecccwest

hello,

how can I remove IE headers and footers when I print a page?
I'd like to use a code to remove them, not thru the IE page setup.

s/RC

Kien

Hi,
Users should have the right to do anything to their browser environment.
If they want the headers and footer, it's their choice.
You can advise (and force)them on how to change the options.

Kien

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (reneecccwest) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> hello,
>
> how can I remove IE headers and footers when I print a page?
> I'd like to use a code to remove them, not thru the IE page setup.
>
> s/RC

Gert-Jan Strik

I that case you could consider installing another browser that you only
use to view and print your web site. You can then still use Internet
Explorer for other web sites.

Gert-Jan

reneeccc west wrote:

> True, but it is kinda annoying since I wanted to have IE headers N
> footers when I visit other web sites to print some pages.
> So if I add a code on the template for my web page, then it will be
> greatly convenient. (I do not have to remove and copy/paste contents on
> IE H/F setting constantly.)
>
> s/RC

(Please reply only to the newsgroup)