Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Frames Question

Frames Question

Gianni B.

Hi all...I am building a site that has a popup, 2 frame window - top
frame is a page with the logo of the site, and the other frame is
going to a news page on YAHOO. For some reason though, when I click
any link on the YAHOO page, the next page escapes the frameset and the
top frame with my logo disappears. This doesn't happen when I try it
on most other sites, but it does happen on a few others.

Is there a workaround in javascript to keep the hyperlinking to that
particular frame? Thanks.

Ivo

"Gianni B." wrote
> Hi all...I am building a site that has a popup, 2 frame window - top
> frame is a page with the logo of the site, and the other frame is
> going to a news page on YAHOO. For some reason though, when I click
> any link on the YAHOO page, the next page escapes the frameset and the
> top frame with my logo disappears. This doesn't happen when I try it
> on most other sites, but it does happen on a few others.

Some pages feature frame-busting scripts, others don't. Frame-busting
scripts are your friend. Some people prefer their logo on top.

> Is there a workaround in javascript to keep the hyperlinking to that
> particular frame? Thanks.

No.
ALso see the newsgroupo FAQ:

I.

@closedir($fd);

having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames surfunbear@yahoo.com HTML 0 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments