Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > running java script from unix kshell

running java script from unix kshell

Les

I need to execute an http get from a unix script (HPUX). I have
access to a javascript that will do what I need. Can javascript be
called from a kshell script, if so how would I do so? If not is there
a easy conversion from javascript to java, so that I could compile &
execute it as a java program?

Lee

Les said:

>I need to execute an http get from a unix script (HPUX). I have
>access to a javascript that will do what I need. Can javascript be
>called from a kshell script, if so how would I do so? If not is there
>a easy conversion from javascript to java, so that I could compile &
>execute it as a java program?

Javascript is poorly suited to executing an HTTP get.
It's trivial in Perl or Java or you can use telnet directly.

Google for
"http get" telnet
or
"http get" perl