Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > Using DOM Interfaces

Using DOM Interfaces

Tom Frantz

I'm looking for help using the DOM interfaces in Internet Explorer. I want
to open a new window from a page and copy the contents of a hidden <iframe>
into it. I've been researching this and trying out some code for the past
few days without any luck. Can someone tell me if this is even possible and
perhaps offer some suggestions or sample code?

Martin Honnen

Tom Frantz wrote:

> I'm looking for help using the DOM interfaces in Internet Explorer. I want
> to open a new window from a page and copy the contents of a hidden <iframe>
> into it. I've been researching this and trying out some code for the past
> few days without any luck. Can someone tell me if this is even possible and
> perhaps offer some suggestions or sample code?

IE so far doesn't support importNode so there is no proper W3C DOM
compliant way to copy nodes from one document (e.g. your hidden frame)
to another document (e.g. your popup window). Instead with IE you need
to copy the innerHTML or outerHTML of an element and insert it into the
other page using insertAdjacentHTML for instance.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/