Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Javascript > accessing a javascript variable using IHTMLDocument

accessing a javascript variable using IHTMLDocument

Alf

Hi,

I have the IHTMLDocument2 interface set up for a web page in an MFC VC++
prog.
eg

IHTMLDocument2* pHTMLDocument2;
hr = pMC->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument2,
(void**)&pHTMLDocument2 );

The page contains:
var variable_name = "variable data";
within a <SCRIPT> tag.
Is there a straightforward way to return the value of the variable_name
using the interface?

Of course I know I can do a hard-coded search using, say, 'c' char
functions, but I just wondered...

TIA

BTW
Apologies if this is the wrong forum - please redirect me as appropriate.

kaeli

In article <40ace6a0$0$25329$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) enlightened us with...
> Hi,
>
> I have the IHTMLDocument2 interface set up for a web page in an MFC VC++
> prog.
> eg

Microsoft newsgroups are great for these questions.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8
&group=microsoft.public.vc.mfc

or
msnews:microsoft.public.vc.mfc.*

~kaeli~
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace